You can improve your company by researching technologies.
Unlock technology[edit | edit source]
Technologies can be unlocked permanently in the technology menu. To unlock a technology, you need to pay the displayed cost. You can only unlock technology with a level inferior or equal to your current technology level.
The cost of a technology depends on its level and your technology inflation ratio.
Cost = BaseCost * Level * InflationRatio
The base cost is 20 research points.
The inflation ratio is 1 and is multiplied by 1.3 each time your technology level increase (or 1.22 if you have the instruments technology)
- Mining is a technology level 1. At the start of the game its cost is 20 ( 20 * 1 * 1). Unlock it multiply the inflation ratio by 1.3 to 1.3
- Quick repair is a technology level 2. After buying a technology, its cost is 52 (20 * 2 * 1.3). The inflation ratio is increase to 1.69 (1.3 * 1.3)
- I now unlock Metallurgy (level 2). Its cost is 67 (20 * 2 * 1.69). The inflation ratio is increase to 2.197
- To purchase the level 4 technology Bombing, I need 175 research points (20 * 4 * 2.197)
Technology level[edit | edit source]
Your technology level increase by one each time you buy a technology.When your technology level increases, your Inflation Ratio is also increased.
Research points[edit | edit source]
The research points needed to unlock technology can be gained in multiple ways:
- Contract Reward
- Research Station
- Capture ships and stations
Technologies list[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Quick Repair
- Fast Travel
Economic[edit | edit source]
- Orbital pumps
- Advanced stations
Military[edit | edit source]
- Early warning
- Advanced radar
- Pirate Tech